Photo: Smith Hardy Photography
28 thoughts for turning 28. This is really a stream of consciousness of random things I’ve reflected on recently. 🙂
- A smile, a hello and/or a thank you can really brighten someones day.
- I like control, but every year, I learn that I actually control less than I want to or think I can/do.
- Along those lines, it’s okay to not be married, to not have a boyfriend and to not know when the heck I’m going to have those things, if I ever will. A goal of mine is to continue to find contentment in not knowing when or if those things will happen for me!
- I’m INCREDIBLY blessed to be healthy and able to do the activities that I want to. I think as you get older you realize the blessing of health more and more!
- I’ve seen and traveled to more places in my 28 years than many people have or will in their entire lives. I am so thankful for these opportunities to see the world and experience new cultures and people. If you have the chance to go to a new place, do it.
- I’m starting to feel a need to have a greater impact on my community and on other people in a bigger way. I’ve been very self-focused for many years now, but I’m reaching the place where I want to help others more.
- Accepting fear and the unknown is important to overcoming those worries. I think about my job and my personal life.
- My family is so important to me and I value the time I have with them more and more each year.
- I need to dance more.
- I’m noticing more wrinkles and changes to my body which is weird.
- I am starting to feel a motherly instinct that I haven’t really felt before. I’m actually thinking more and more about having my own family (but also trying not to worry about it as per #2 on this list).
- I never want to stop learning or expanding my mind or thoughts.
- Being interested in other people is way more interesting than just blabbing on and on.
- Sometimes your girlfriends are all you need.
- This year, I’d like to say yes, but also know when to say no and stand up for myself.
- It’s okay to stay in and binge watch a show.
- Prayer really does work. I’m trying to give my worries to God on a daily (a lot of times, multiple times a day) basis.
- People are always going to judge you on something no matter what you do, let them.
- Don’t let mistakes of the past ruin your present or future. I’ve dwelled on past mistakes I’ve made and it just makes me unhappy, unproductive and a terrible person to be around. Learn from the mistakes and do better next time.
- Forgive people. (I am admittedly working on this one).
- It’s okay to cry. I’ve cried every day for the past week.
- Wish people a happy birthday and celebrate with them if you can!
- I need to get rid of a lot of stuff – clothes, shoes and random things I’ve been given. I don’t need everything I have nor do I even use it!
- Take all of the vitamins.
- Wash your face every night, put on night cream and take care of your skin!
- Lipstick & mascara are the most necessary makeup. Put those two on and you can feel 100x better and more presentable! Also wearing foundation and a bunch of makeup every day doesn’t help your skin.
- Find people who make you laugh, but also challenge you to be better. Don’t be afraid of a little truth and tough love! 😉
- It’s actually kind of cool getting older. I learn so much every day about the world, about people, about God and about myself; and that’s exciting to me! Without the age, I wouldn’t have the wisdom I do now. I am just so thankful to have another day here on Earth!
What are your life thoughts? Do you agree with anything I’ve said? I would love to hear your experiences and thoughts in the comments below. Love you guys and always grateful for you!